Saturday, October 26, 2013

A Very Surprised GRANDMA!


I've seen a saying on Pinterest many times that says, "Friends are the family we've chosen for ourselves"; my friends here are the (non-biological!) sisters (and brother) that I honestly don't know what I would ever do without.

With that being said, last night's plan was to kick off a proposed 2015 Europe trip with our first official "meeting" (a/k/a wine, food and chatter). The usual gals, as well as some new ones, filtered in with drinks of choice for the evening, and food galore. Yippee, this was gonna be a fun night! I couldn't wait to hear everyone's choices for places they'd like to visit, and get this party started!

Long story short, after suspiciously being held in the kitchen (I even started to get annoyed because I couldn't see what was going on!), the REAL fun began: A SURPRISE GRANDMA SHOWER!!! FOR ME!!! (a party just for me?! YaY!)


Our skilled cake maker Tina was once again put to work! How cute is this?! And oddly enough, without any coordinating on anyone's part, almost every single gift was elephant and/or baby animal themed! ☺ My girls are good! 

Pumpkin hummus, pumpkin cake, mini shrimp salads, quiche, hot wings, deviled eggs, stuffed mushrooms, gourmet sandwich roll, Chinese slaw, smoked raspberry dip, brownies and cakes...all for ME! ;) (I'm sympathy eating with Samantha, gotta keep my strength up for this little guy!)

Annie's adorable, rolly-polly, sweet-smelling, soft, cuddly, absolutely perfect little grandbaby Zachary came along so that I could get some practice! His lovely momma, Laurel, spent the evening with us, too! (and so far, Jax & Sam's little guy's name is Zachary, too!)

Time to cut the cake! Zachary was ready, too ;)
 
And then...the GIFTS! Soooo many gifts! Grandma bibs, clothes & blankets; hats, shoes & toys; Nuks, spoons & medicine scoops; picture frames, a memory book, a booster seat, the list goes on and on!

The loot! Isn't this crazy?! How can a girl be so blessed?!
 
No words can begin to express the gratitude, joy, thankfulness and love that I have for my friends...the sisters (and a brother!) that have been given to Jack, Jackson, Alex, Lindsay and I from the One who knows what we need, and especially when we need it. These beautiful baby gifts are temporary (and so appreciated!), but the true gift of these folks' friendship is something the five of us can cherish forever ♥
 
Just for fun, I now know why I was voted "most dramatic" in school...I'm usually on the other side of the camera, and these pics show why it needs to stay that way!

FooZer! I am never giving you my camera again! ;)
(but thanks for the best shower, EVER! ♥)
 
 AND we picked where we're going!
 
Print Friendly and PDF