Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Happy 96th Birthday, Dad!

I just had to share these pictures of my Dad today, on his birthday! ♥


Getting ready for the St. Patrick's Day Dance at the Knights. This was in 1984, when Dad was 68; he was funny and fearless, and saw humor in literally everything. He had skinny legs that Mom loved (one with the slightest limp, from a broken tibia/fibula from his stint in the Army), and weighed 168 pounds for as far back as I can remember (I unfortunately didn't inherit the "good weight" gene).  Check out that furniture in our "mobile"; it came with the place!

It's Aunt Rose again! These good folks always had fun! Mom was such a party gal, too; they loved to dress up and go to dances, parties, clubs and card nights. I get that gene honest enough!

Correction: In yesterday's post I mentioned Aunt Rose's sign that says "Ssshhh, I'm talking"...she told me tonight that it actually says "Ssshhh, I'm talking...
                                                                                                to God". (I missed that part!)
We both agreed it was funnier the first way, but she wanted me to remember to talk to God. I will, Aunt Rose. My memories of Dad & Mom are always reminders of how good he is to me! ♥ 
Print Friendly and PDF