Monday, February 28, 2011

Walking, Swelling & Trudging On

I'm doin' it, I'm out there walking, walking, walking. My hands could audition as floats in the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade, since apparently I eat too much salt. Seriously? My fingers swell up like sausages just because I'm walking?! Oh well, by morning I'll be able to get my rings off, not like I'll take them off anyway. I'm up to 3 1/2 miles. During the first half mile, I think "Wow, I'm feeling great!" A half mile later, "Maybe I'll only go two miles today..." So, I trick myself with: "Just get ____ far and you can be done."  But, I make the 3 1/2. My goal is 5 mi before the end of May, but it's getting pretty warmish out there. Cousin Doris said she'll kick my butt if I can't keep up with her in Europe. Pretty strong motivation, she's a marathoner. Eeek, give me strength!
Print Friendly and PDF