Saturday, January 7, 2012

Rock, Rock, Rock Lobster!

I would've posted these pictures on New Year's Day, since this was our New Year's Eve celebration, but I left my camera at Annie's. By accident. Not because I had too much to drink. That's my story, and I'm stickin' to it. What a great evening; low key and lots of fun! We ate, gabbed and played the fun Foodie game that the Dolce Girls poo-poo'd (it was really fun, and Nancy won!). Here's how the night went:

The lobsters are supposed to "race"...they were totally uncooperative, realllly sleepy, and weren't up to the task. Good thing, too, since Annie's barefooted! There's no way I could pick mine up put it in the pot; I am definitely a "gatherer", not a "hunter"!

Ok, this is better, this is how I'm used to seeing my food! Annie did a fabulous job, steaming them (in the pot of my dreams) for 12 minutes. Perfection!

The Caesar salad was very unique: Romaine leaves, a dollop of Caesar dressing, and a parmesan "crisp". Yummo! (the crisp was simply a little pile of parm, baked in the oven for around 3 minutes; cool!)

The lobster. Was. Amazing! Annie was impressed with my lobster eatin' skills. I don't think I've ever had a whole lobster, but it wasn't too hard, since ya only eat the tail and claws! No cleaning the body like crabs.

See these? Aren't they pretty? They're Appletinis with fresh cranberry. They are THE most dangerous drink I've ever had. Don't ask.
On Sunday we by-passed traditional pork and saurkraut, black eyed peas, etc. Jack made smoked chicken, and I fixed garlic mashed potatoes. Fingers crossed for good luck!
Hope you're having a luck-filled New Year!



Print Friendly and PDF