Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Thankful, Grateful, Blessed

Rejoice always; pray without ceasing; in everything give thanks; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus ~ 1 Thessalonians 5; 16-18.

I can't sleep. It's the day before Thanksgiving, and there's so much to do! I wanna finish laundry, pay bills, get four different casseroles made, bake a cheesecake, run to Publix one last time, get the table set for tomorrow, clean the bathroom...
These are all things I love to do (really!), but first, I'm gonna be thankful. For the last few weeks, I've seen people on Facebook giving thanks for something daily as we head towards Thanksgiving. I sure wish we (especially ME!) could remember to do that every day of the year.  The following is a very condensed version of the extremely long list of what I am thankful for:

This wonderful man and these beautiful children. We've all been extremely blessed with good health, good jobs, and good genes! (hahahaha, just had to get that in there!)

The gift of parents filled with faith, love, wisdom and the courage to have 12 children! (Mom was always mad about this pic because Dad didn't have shoes on! He never did once he got home!) The 12-paneled picture frame that Dad made (behind their heads) had each of our grad photos in it. I memorized it as a kid so I wouldn't forget anyone! It went: Patti, Ellen, Mary, Sara, Dave, Tom, Connie, Betty, Rob, Ann, Joe. Then me : )

My brothers and sisters. Most of the gang's all here at Christmas, 2008: me, Dave, Momma, Rob, Ann, Joe, Con, Mary, & Tom and Sara in front. Ellen & Bet couldn't make it, and Patti passed away the year after Dad, but they were there in spirit ♥

In-laws that have been like my own parents. They just celebrated their 62nd wedding anniversary! Now THAT'S a blessing!  

An interesting, challenging and FUN job (I get to use my anal retentive & OCD qualities daily!), and the best folks EVER to work with! Laura, Debbie and Patti, my surrogate sisters & dear friends!

And to everyone reading this, you're on the list too! Have a blessed Thanksgiving! ♥


Print Friendly and PDF