Friday, April 13, 2012

Catching Up!

It seems like Easter was so long ago! I don't know why I've been so "busy" these last few weeks, but I haven't had time to do much of anything after work. I've been putting in an hour of overtime most days (which doesn't sound like much, but it seems to make for a really longggg day), so I guess that's it.

Anyhow, I wanted to show you the finished product of my fanatical cake plate obsession, so here it is! (along with a few photos from the day)

I really don't think this photo does justice to the beauty that is this three tiered plate! The plates are all Japanese, the pedestals are Candlewick juice glasses from an estate sale, and the top knob is an Ace Hardware find for $4.50. Now I just need a cabinet to keep this beauty in! LOL, my inexpensive craft now requires its own cabinet! The bunny was Mom's, maybe even Grandma's. Reminds me of being a kid ♥

I love this pic of Patti & Dave; they are part of our FL fam. Dave always brings a lovely wine to dinner, and Patti makes her fabulous foods...our pick for Easter was her famous deviled eggs! She has to bring two dozen to pacify the egg gobblers at our house!

We missed having all the chicks home...we're lucky to have Al, and Jax was here with Samantha; but Linds had to stay in Tampa and work her new job. I definitely know how that is!

I'll sign off for now, and see you in 10 days. Gulf of Mexico, here we come! Starting tomorrow, we'll be cruising toward Mexico, with subsequent stops in Belize & Roatan, then back to Mexico with a stop in Costa Maya, all the while collecting rocks and memories! Sunday while at sea, we'll celebrate the memory of the 100th anniversary of the Titanic! Prayers & crossed fingers for a safe journey, please!!!




Print Friendly and PDF