Tuesday, June 21, 2011

It's All Over 'cept the Bloggin'...

I can't believe I've been there, done that. *sigh* As I frustrated/amused/annoyed my fellow tour mates (sorry, Doris, I must take a photo of my coffee!) with my rock collecting and incessant picture taking of anything that looked remotely like it could be posted,  the 13 day trip of a lifetime (for ME at least!) has come and gone. I definitely know that social networking has given me a different slant on how I view things now: "Oooh, Lindsay/Jack/Foozer/Debbie/Patti/Becky/Laura/etc. will love this, I can't wait to get this uploaded/posted!" But it made me aware of how much I love my family and friends, so this whole trip was spent keeping in mind everyone that I love. ♥ Expect lots of silliness in the next few weeks, from "Bathrooms of Western Europe" to "Signposts of the Cliffs of Moher". Here are a few of my favorite pics:


Ya know at the beginning of Love Actually, when Hugh Grant says: "Whenever I get gloomy with the state of the world, I think about the arrivals gate at Heathrow Airport. It seems to me that love is everywhere." Apparently I was at the wrong gate -_-  Every time I look at this picture, I laugh my head off!

Priceless. Those Brits are extemely polite!

Westminster Abbey blew me away, even though the little man in the right corner would NOT get out of the frame.

Somerset House on Strand. Love the gorilla in the business suit.

Preparing for a wedding at Hampton Court Palace, home of Henry VIII.

A commoner's view of Buckingham Palace. She wouldn't even let me up for tea. Sheesh.

I made it to the Elephant House! I'm officially a 47 year old dork!

St. Patrick's Cathedral in Dublin. Oh well, it used to be Catholic. Super cool.

At the Guinness Storehouse's top floor bar, with a 360° view of the city. But first, THE BEER! It MUST sit for two minutes before topping it off. It's a longggg two minutes.

The Cliffs of Moher. 'Nuff said.

Ok, except for the Abbey & the Cliffs,  the pictures were silly, but it's a start. I'm looking forward to sharing lots more, hopefully without boring you to death, if you care to tune in. See ya soon!  : )
Print Friendly and PDF