Sunday, April 17, 2011

(Free) Shrimp Linguine!

Another recipe from my hero, Pioneer Woman. I wanted to use some of Jack & Al's fresh shrimp right away, and found this recipe. Her recipe calls for two pounds of shrimp, but I probably used around 1 - 1 1/2 pounds. This was quick and easy, I highly recommend it! Here are some of my "helpful" tips:

http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/print-recipe/34133/#size3x5


Boil the linguine only "halfway".




I used an open box of my FAVORITE marinara, and one
 canned tomato. I stopped using canned awhile ago,
but these were still in the closet so I decided
to use them. And WINE, don't forget the WINE! : )




Lots of garlic (at least seven cloves) in just a bit (3 TBLS)
 of oil.The recipe called for 1/2 cup, but that's too
 rich for my blood. This was plenty.





Um, I never peeled and deveined raw shrimp before.
It's not for sissies. People who do this for a living should
probably be getting paid double what they're currently
 making. Throw the raw shrimp right on top, they cook
 perfectly by the end.




Dumped everything in and stirred it together. I used
heavy duty foil, and the dish didn't get a drop of food
 in it! That makes me REALLY love this recipe!


Tuck neatly into the oven for 15 minutes.


Smokin" hot. Perfect flavor and tender shrimp!


I like a bit of heat, so I added red pepper flakes. Yummm!



Print Friendly and PDF