Saturday, October 22, 2011

Priscilla's Guac

I went to a super-fun Mexican-themed wino (yes, I meant "wino") girls' party at Melissa's last night, and took one of my all time favorite dishes. This is "Priscilla's Guac", Priscilla being Annie H's mom. It usually goes to every Mexican party we attend, even though Jack (nor Annie) even like guacamole. The blue clay dish was given to me as a gift by Annie to serve it in, just like her mom did. ♥


Easy Guacamole Dip

2 avocados, peeled and mashed
1/2 small tomato, seeded and chopped
1 small onion, halved
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1 lime, juiced
1 tblp mayo

Blend avocados, tomato and 1/2 of the onion, chopped. Squeeze in the juice of the other half. Add garlic powder, lime juice and mayo. (I sometimes add cumin or even a few shakes of the packaged guacamole seasoning if I'm in the mood for spicier) Add one of the avocado seeds to prevent the dip from browning, then place plastic wrap directly on dip, sealing well (this also keeps it fresh looking).
Enjoy! This is fabulous on everything...

Now....on to OKTOBERFEST!
Print Friendly and PDF