Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Starbucks?! We Don't Need No Stinkin' Starbucks!

You know by now how much I loveeee pumpkin. I found this recipe for Spiced Pumpkin Latte on...wait for it....FOODGAWKER!!! The blogger touted, "Save $$ and calories by making your own Starbucks Pumpkin-Spice Lattes. It's really simple!" Really? YES, really! I think these are fabulous. I  came home today and made one for lunch, even though it was about 85° and as humid as a rainforest! Hey, it's October, I can pretend it's fall, can't I?!



Pumpkin Spice Latte
(Serves One)
  • 2 T canned pumpkin
  • 1/4 tsp pumpkin pie spice
  • 1 cup milk of choice, or (my favorite) a combination of fat-free half & half and skim milk
  • 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
  • 3-4 T strong coffee (I used my iced coffee concentrate)
  • sugar (or stevia) to taste
Mix everything with a fork or whisk. Heat in microwave to your liking and enjoy! Top with whipped cream if desired.

No kidding, this is super! Cozy up with a blanket for me!
Print Friendly and PDF