Saturday, October 29, 2011

The Pumpkin Addiction Continues...

This was my first ever cheesecake. I've been wanting to make one for a long time, but have never been a fantastic baker. They sound like a lot of trouble, and I fear failure. But since this is my year, I figured, "Let's do this!" So, my first try (naturally) would be a pumpkin cheesecake. I found this recipe on a blog called "sprinkle bakes" through food gawker. It sounded pretty darn easy, and I had almost all the ingredients already. Cream cheeses a-blazing, here I go!

The springform pan needs to be wrapped in heavy duty foil, I'm guessing so the hot water bath doesn't seep in.

The crust is made up of pecans, sugar, flour and butter, salt, ginger & water. I can do that! Process everything but the water & butter...

Add the butter then the water till crumbly.

The consistency may have been a little more pasty than crumbly....

so it was kinda sticky to spread in the pan. I ended up using a spatula.

Pumpkin mix ingredients.

Meanwhile, the crust bakes and needs to cool completely. Turned out great!

Mmmm, pumpkin, heavy cream and spices.

Mix that into the beaten cream cheese and sugar, add cornstarch then add eggs one at a time.

It looks good already! (to me, anyways) The springform sits in a baking pan and gets a good 1" hot water bath, then into a 325° oven. The recipe called for 70-80 minutes, so I baked it for 75 to be safe. 

YaY! It's beautiful (if I do say so myself :)


This will be my new Thanksgiving "signature" dish! (along with my corn souffle) I wouldn't change one thing about it, it's absolutely BRILLIANT! (thanks Becky) I ate it last night and for breakfast today. And for a snack this evening. And probably breakfast tomorrow.


I skipped the whipped cream topping and sugared pumpkin seeds in the above recipe. Honestly, it was perfect just like this! (with a dollop of whipped cream)

This salad is made up of mixed greens, feta, pears & pecans. It's my new signature salad (I like saying "signature"). I made my signature (hahahaha) Italian dressing with fresh herbs from Annie and Pete, brought in fresh from Merritt Island on Thursday!

Ok. That's enough cooking. I'll hit the kitchen again when the hunters come home!


Print Friendly and PDF