Monday, March 21, 2011

80 Days!!!

Ohmygosh, wait! WHAT?! Eighty days until Europe?! That's impossible! I don't have my rolling duffel yet! I need a passport holder! And a neck pillow-thingy filled with beads! What if my legs swell? Will I get blood clots?! What about the weather?! The tour site isn't telling me yet! Is laundry service available???? I can't wear those jeans for more than two days! Ok, deeeeep breath....
I made my last payment (ok, my charge card did) on Saturday. It's final. I paid, so I must really be going. Extra fuel charge and all. It's so exciting, but at the same time, overwhelming and literally unbelievable. I'm really going to visit Ireland, England & Scotland; a lifelong dream come true! The accents are so cool, the traditions so old and, ummm, traditional. I've been talking "faux British" since the release of Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone, for crying out loud! (or PHILOSOPHER'S STONE; see I know my British stuff!) Doris and I meet frequently to plan our free time while we're there (but usually just end up drinking and gabbing), imagining ourselves in quaint pubs, hob-nobbing with the locals. It's gonna be GREAT! Check back at 30 days; I'll be mental!  
Print Friendly and PDF