Friday, March 11, 2011

"Snatch the pebble from my hand..." a/k/a Grasshopper Pie

My assignment: make something yummy and green for tonight's Wine Girls social. (I know, it's lame, we're still working on the official name) My choice: Grasshopper Pie. Mmmm, my Mom let me drink a few sips of creme de menthe on special occasions when I was a kid, although now it reminds me of mouthwash. I got most of the ingredients earlier in the week, and stopped at the liquor store(s) yesterday for the cordials: "Nope, we don't carry cordials in small bottles." (What do I do with two liters of creme de cocoa and creme de menthe?!) After some last minute texting to friends who I thought may have said ingredients (Brian, Foozer, Becky), Becky came to the rescue with the creme de cocoa, so I only had to purchase the creme de menthe (didn't want to chance mint extract and green food coloring). Ok, moving on...I KNOW I have a pie pan somewhere! It's even a deep-dish, I remember buying it! Crap, I'll just use these...(starting to worry that this endeavor may be doomed)...





Eh, I guess these will do (don't you love the one that says "Mrs. Smith's"?)...


 Cookie dust, compliments of my new food processor. Did I mention how much I LOVE IT?! All those years that I crushed cookies in a plastic bag. Ugh...

  
Melt the marshmallow fluff into the half & half. (weird, huh?)


Beat the heavy cream in any icy-cold bowl....


The liquers, patiently waiting to be stirred in.


Pretty! (to me, anyway) 


The cream, whipped into a frenzy...


Fold the green, fluffy, cream mixture stuff into the freshly whipped cream (Uhhh, I stirred, it wasn't folding very well)...


Shave some dark, dark, Ghirardelli for the top. (that big chunk ended up in my belly)


The finished product, after a few hours in the deep freeze. And it doesn't contain ONE grasshopper! Who knew?!

Borrowed from my blogger hero, Pioneer Woman.

http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/print-recipe/122079/#size3x5



  
 
                                   
Print Friendly and PDF